Wednesday, October 5, 2016

PROSCIUTTO WRAPPED GROUPER



The stove is black, so it's a bit hard to see what kind of pan Debbie is cooking in.  It's a black, cast-iron skillet.  Bringing the cast-iron skillet from home was my idea.  I am smart in that way.

The three pieces of fish you see cooking is Grouper.  Grouper has a very white flesh.  The brown color is not the natural color of Grouper.  The Grouper has been wrapped in Prosciutto.  Debbie's theory is wrapping anything in Prosciutto makes it better.

After cooking on top of the stove, the fish and the skillet were placed in an oven for a few minutes.  I don't think that was really necessary because the fish came out slightly over-cooked. 

The Grouper was served with slaw, baked potato, a little piece of toast, and what I called Fish Gravy.  Debbie said it was not gravy, but a Fish Sauce.  Gravy or sauce?  I'm not sure what the difference is.

The third piece of Grouper was saved for lunch the next day for one person.  It was warmed up in the microwave for about 45 seconds.  It was served with no Gravy or Sauce.  The leftover third piece was the best of all. 

I love Grouper.  It's one of the reasons I went on this vacation at the coast.

Click images to enlarge

No comments:

Post a Comment