Saturday, December 8, 2018

CAULIFLOWER PIZZA CRUST



Yes, it's true. They do make pizza crust out of cauliflower and this one is made in Italy of all places. I know, I know...that's funny, right?
It's the make-it-yourself kind of pizza. You buy the crust, add your toppings and pop it in the oven for a few minutes. We added sauce, an assortment of cheeses, and pepperoni.
This was our second time to make cauliflower pizza. I don't remember the original brand but this one was a product of Edoardo Roncadin or somebody close to that name. The writing on the box is too stylized to easily read, even with my glasses.

Edoardo makes his crust with cauliflower puree, cornstarch, chickpea flour,quinoa flour, flaxseed flour, pea protein and some other stuff. But there is no gluten, added sugar, eggs, diary, GMO ingredients, high fructose corn syrup, hydrogenated oils, artificial colors, flavors or preservatives.
Edoardo says, "We use cauliflower without leaves and cut in littles [sic] rosettes, washed and cooked by steam." I have no idea what "littles" is/are. Maybe it's Italian and I don't understand the language.
But, best of all, it's really hard to taste any cauliflower flavor. There's just the tiniest hint of cauliflower in the distant background. I might not even realize it if I had not known why we bought the crust.
I tell you all this trivia because I hate the taste of cauliflower. The only other cauliflower thing I've been to stomach is the fried cauliflower at Hops Burger Bar
DO NOT FEAR THE CAULIFLOWER PIZZA CRUST.

No comments:

Post a Comment